Sunday, February 28, 2016

Craft Desk Project - Upper cabinets

The upper cabinets were the most work.  My anchor cabinet was this great corner cabinet I found on Craigslist.  It was a nice dark cherry stained kitchen cabinet with a glass door.  I then had to build from scratch bookshelf cabinets.  I then cheated and bought two unfinished oak cabinets at Lowe's to fill in the spaces between the bookshelves and corner cab.  Since the doors on the Lowe's cabs were boring flat panels, and I needed doors for the bookshelves, I custom ordered oak raised panel doors from a seller on Ebay.
Corner cabinet I found on Craigslist

Painted up

Gorgeous glass panel door

Book shelf sides with shelf guides routed in

Gluing the bookshelf fronts

Assembling the book shelves

Bookshelves assembled.  

Note the distressed wood in the back.  Its actually old lathe that I pulled out of one the homes I renovated several years earlier.  I kept all the lathe for use in projects.

Final gluing of the bookshelf

A coat of stain on the front so dark color shows through after distressing.

Painted up

Those dam worms!
Finished up and ready to install

Bridge cabinet from Lowes with the boring flat panel door

24" cabinet stained Red Oak.


Bookshelves and corner cabinet in place.  In order for everything to fit together, I had to trim the corner cabinet on the right side and also cut out the drywall.  This would allow my 24" cabinet to fit!

All cabinets hung!  Note the criket machine on the right.  I had to make sure it fit!

Inside of bookshelf painted with lathe.

Now we are coming together!  Note the LED lights mounted under bridge cabinet.  Switch located under counter in corner seating area.

Used base cap as a light rail painted to match

Just about done!  Waiting on the doors!

Used some more of my oak to make back splashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment